Return to Stallknecht Photo Collection
Ed Stallknecht was living in Dumfries in 1975 when the Weems / Botts structure was restored. Luckily he took pictures before the structure was restored as well. In 1976 Ed had a house built just up the hill from the Weems / Botts Museum and lived there until his death in 2013 at age 100!
This event may have been the first event at the Museum as it was restored in 1975. It could also be an event to celebrate Dumfries becoming a town in May, 1749.