Grayson's Tomb was restored by Prince William County staff with funding for supplies provided by Historic Prince William's very own Bill Olson. Read all about the project in this Washington Post Article published Aug. 29, 2014.
The 1976 Virginia Historic Landmarks Survey Form (pdf) is also available for review. The survey is on the house, Belle Air (c.1890) and the Tomb (c.1790).
|Approx. Size:||Not listed|
|Approximate Number of Burials:||Not known|
|Surnames Listed on Markers:||William Grayson
Possible other family members
|Surveyed By:||Ron Turner - 2001|
|Latitude / Longitude:||38.647212,-77.275231|
|Ron Turner||2001||The condition noted in 2001 was "poor"|
|David Cuff||Nov. 2014||Rededication of the Tomb following restoration.|
|Nick Williams||Nov. 2015||Eagle Scout Project of Nick Williams. Installation of Flag Pole, and placement of benches followed the expansion of the cleared area, leveling of the grade with added top soil, and mulching for landscaping.|
Images taken Nov. 2014